Surface preparation :
1Always prepare the wood in accordance with the DTU in force. Ensure that the material shows all signs of good durability.
2New wood: apply the product to a clean, dust-free, sound and dry wood.
3Grey wood: clean with Guard® Wash or Guard® Wash Express, rinse with plenty of water, remove dust and dry the the wood.
4Greasy wood: clean with Net'Guard® Ultra 4 in 1.
5Damaged wood: sand to strip the surface , remove the dust and dry the wood.
- Use the product in its pure form: do not dilute it. Shake the packaging well before use.
- Do not apply in rainy or very hot weather. The ideal temperature for the air and material is 5°C to 30°C.
- Carry out a preliminary test on a small inconspicuous surface area and leave it to dry for 24 hours in particular on oily and exotic wood. Check the effectiveness by dampening the material.
- Apply in the direction of the wood’s grain, and, if possible on all visible surfaces.
- The material must be impregnated with 2 coats”wet on wet” until it is saturated.
- Do not overload, remove any excess with a cloth.
- Protect against rain for 24 hours and grease marks for at least 48 hours.
- Optimum efficiency reached after 5 to 7 days.
For further information, refer to the data sheet and safety sheet.