Surface preparation :
1Always prepare the wood in accordance with the DTU in force. Ensure that the material shows all signs of good durability.
2Apply the product to a clean, dust-free, sound and dry wood.
3It should be noted that some composite wood manufacturers leave an impermeable layer on the surface of the material which is removed over time. In the case of an “impermeable” composite, wait for the surface layer to wear away before applying WoodGuard® Composite Wood.
- Use the product in its pure form: do not dilute it. Shake the packaging well before use.
- Do not apply in rainy or very hot weather. The ideal temperature for the air and material is 5°C to 30°C.
- Carry out a preliminary test on a small barely visible surface area. Apply the product and check the number of coatings necessary for effective treatment. Check the effectiveness by dampening the material.
- The material must be impregnated by a minimum of 2 coats to saturation depending on the type of composite wood.
- Apply to all visible surfaces if possible.
- Drying time between each coat: from 15 minutes to 1 hour depending on the temperature.
- Protect against rain for 24 hours and grease marks for at least 48 hours before putting back in use.
- Optimum efficiency reached after 5 to 7 days.
For further information, refer to the data sheet and safety sheet.